Golden Tote 2 of 2 – December 2015
I’m excited to share a look at my Golden Tote 2 of 2 – December 2015 with you! If you’re not familiar, Golden Tote is a company that puts out a special “tote” full of clothing on the 1st Monday of each month!
It isn’t really a subscription as there is nothing automated and you need to manually go in at NOON EST on the 1st Monday of the month to order your tote! Then stylists personally curate a collection of clothing to suit your style and body type!
If you love getting surprises and wearing the latest in fashion then this tote is for you!
JANUARY TOTE DAY IS Monday January 4th at NOON EST!!! Get ready, lol!
Please check out Golden Tote by clicking here – http://www.goldentote.com/index.php?route=common/referral&referral=f557cfbefa739f1c
On tote day make sure you click on this link AGAIN to go to their site as we don’t get the $10 referral credit unless you purchase from this link – thanks! XOXO
HOW IT WORKS
1. CHOOSE YOUR TOTE
New totes go on sale the first Monday of every month at 9AM PST. The $49 Tote is a small tote filled with 2-3 pieces of clothing. The $149 Tote is a large tote filled with 5-6 pieces of clothing.
2. PICK YOUR FAVORITES
Pick one or two items you love, and we’ll surprise you with adorable, stylish clothing, at insider pricing, ensuring you get them for an absolute steal. We’re talking more than 50% off retail prices – that works out to around $26 per item. But shhh, nobody else has to know.
3. SELECT YOUR ADD-ONS
Is there something you just can’t live without?
Add items to your order during checkout for a reduced price.
4. CREATE YOUR STYLE PROFILE
Style your profile and tell us what you like to wear – or what you don’t. Every tote is hand-packed based on your profile. The more we know about your shape, size and style, the better we can personalize your picks for a perfect tote.
5. YOU’RE GOLDEN
That’s it, you’re done! Wait for your shipping confirmation and delivery.
Style Profiles – the first thing you want to do BEFORE the Monday tote launches is set up an account and fill out your style profile! During the questionnaire it will ask you which of the following style seems most like you.
The EXCITING thing is that there are now SIX styles to choose from!! They also added areas to choose type of items you DON’T want to receive from colors, to patterns, etc…which is great!!
Feminine + Boho – These are the two styles I chose!!
Edgy + Classic – I might add these two next time
Casual + Trendy – Like but don’t love these styles
Sizing Tips – Their sizing goes from XS – L. XS is a size 0 – 2 and Large is a size 12 – 14. Of course sizes from every clothing manufacturer run differently so if you fit in the Large category not all of their larges will fit you. Once you join make sure to join their Facebook trading group to get advice on sizing from different manufacturers.
Pants + Skirts – If you are overweight like I am, you may NOT want to order any bottoms from GT. The maximum waist size is 31. So when you are purchasing a tote you can say in your style profile that you don’t want bottoms. However, In my last tote run I said I WOULD accept Above the Knee Dresses, High-Low Skirts, and High-Low Dresses (In the comments I added “as long as they stretched or ran big”).
They FINALLY are asking now in the style profile about your personal size. They ask height, weight, chest size, etc… They also ask body type (apple, pear, straight, etc…) and torso type. This should make it much easier to receive items that will fit you correctly. This is great because it is one thing if you receive an item that isn’t your style but if it doesn’t fit you can’t even try to wear it.
There is a small comment box in the style profile where you can tell the stylist about any problem areas not covered in the style profile.
Comment Box Tips – Ok so they changed the comment box to be VERY SMALL, but the good thing is that most of the issues people were writing about in the comment box are now covered in the new and improved Style Profiles!
You will want to note anything to them that wasn’t covered in the style profile, clues to your style, or special requests (an item or a stylist), etc…
Here were my comments for most months:
“Stylist: KB please! No sheer shirts. Love GLAM/Feminine/Lace/Sparkle/Bling/French. Love Pink. Dresses/skirts need to run BIG or STRETCH. Prefer SHIFT or SUN dresses. Prefer tops with some stretch.”
I think they did a great job improving the Style Profiles and I am sure people will be much happier with the Surprises they receive because of it!!
The Day of Tote Launch – it will be a FRIENZY!
- Prior to Tote Day join the Facebook GT Trading group to see a Sneak Peek of “Chosen” items
- Decide prior to tote day which chosen items you are going to go after (1 for small tote, 2 for large tote)
- Sign in like a half hour before launch (NOON EST)
- Have your Credit Card out and ready!
- Make sure you have enough credit available on your credit card, lol!
- Have your style profile completed
- Add any additional “boutique” items to your cart ahead of time
- At exactly NOON EST click on the “Shop Golden Tote” link. Keep clicking on it until the two tote choices appear.
- Pick your tote and choose your one or two items QUICKLY!!!
- Rush to check out
- Check out. If it gives you an error, just keep hitting the submit/check out button repeatedly
- Next wait for the fashion shows and trades to begin on the FB group as members receive their totes!
- Totes are an all or nothing deal. If you want to return it you have to return the whole tote.
- If you want to keep one or both of your “chosen” items you have to purchase them at the full “boutique” price
- TIP – CHANGE – YOU CAN NO LONGER MIX & MATCH SURPRISES OR CHOSENS WHEN YOU RETURN A TOTE!! Previously if you ordered 2 totes and then return 1 tote, you could mix and match the “surprise” items from each tote. So say you bought TWO of the large totes and received say 4 “surprises” in each. If you like 2 surprises from each tote but still want to return one full tote, as long as you return the same number of “surprises” you are fine. So in this example you return 4 surprises with ONE tote and those 4 surprises you return can be from either tote and you can keep the 4 you like best. So starting in March they are no longer allowing this which is disappointing. Sometimes you get a Surprise or a Chosen that doesn’t fit or isn’t your style and now there is no way to return it unless you return the whole tote. I think this will end up INCREASING tote returns to them and DECREASING purchases. We shall see.
- NOTE – totes must be returned within 14 days of when you receive them.
Now for my REVEAL!!! Check out what was in my December 2 of 2 Tote – a $149 tote!!
✻ Chosen Item #2 – Sweater Weather Dress in Green – LOVE! I knew this dress was bodycon and I knew it wasn’t going to look good on me right now….BUT I will be able to rock this thing next year after I get rid of the rest of my weight. Love the color. I would suggest wearing a slip though for comfort and to smooth out any lumps.
✻ Surprise Item – Gilli Poppy Print Dress – LOVE! When I saw the busy floral print I was a little scared but once I got it on I loved it! It is too tight on me right now but will be great next summer. I think it will look pretty with a black blazer for work too!
✻ BLACK Friday Sale Purchase – Cozy Fringe Circle Scarf in Charcoal – I LOVE the grey color…but it was too bulky to really wear doubled and I didn’t like it as just a single circle scarf so I returned it.
I love this company and concept of getting stylish clothes each month at a good price!!
So this is the first time I can say in a YEAR of buying GT – NOTHING IS FOR SALE!!!!! Amazing month!!
More Regarding CHOSENS – Golden Tote has now started putting chest and length measurement of their “Chosen” clothes on their Tumblr page prior to the launch of each sale. THANKS GOLDEN TOTE!!! This is very helpful and necessary since we can’t try clothes on prior to purchase.
Now regarding the VALUE of the tote…on their web site they state that their totes are a steal “We’re talking more than 50% off retail prices – that works out to around $26 per item.” which is very accurate!! So, YES, I think the tote’s value was well worth the price of $149.
I think it is a great company and has a brilliant idea!
The FB trading group is excellent and I have already made some great trades/purchases there (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Goldentotetrades/ )!
FUN FUN FUN!
Check out my coordinating video for closeups of each product and to see my reactions as I open my Golden Tote!
>>>All Giveaways are now being posted on my Facebook page<<<<
To make sure you see all the latest giveaways, posts, etc...."Like" my Facebook page and then click on "Get Notifications" and you will be all set!
I am so excited to wear all my clothes in my Golden Tote this month!! Stay tuned for my next Golden Tote reveal!
I’m a lifestyle blogger and each day I feature a different theme filled with my FAVORITE tips, tricks, products, videos, pictures, inspirations, and of course TRENDS! I would love your support by subscribing!
WHAT I’M WEARING:
My FAVORITE Boxes & Products!
Lemongrass Spa – http://www.TeamOrganicAngels.com
Stitch Fix – https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5461699
Wantable – https://www.wantable.com/invites/Z_c4o8GOv2g
Darby Smart – http://fbuy.me/bkv9J
Rocks Box – http://curebit.com/x/FbJ98A
Julep Maven – https://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/1450612/
Escape Monthly – http://mbsy.co/escapemonthly/15619635
Erin Condren Life Planners – https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/tamihoffman0101
Diamond Candles – http://my.cndl.es/x/xrudjE
LET’S BE FRIENDS!
FTC disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored video. All opinions are 100% my own and I would never recommend a product I didn’t 100% love. Products may be given to me as press samples, and although they do not influence my opinion, I will always let you know what was free and what I purchased with my own money, by designating press samples with an asterisk (*).
Thanks for watching friends!