Golden Tote #3 – December 2014
I’m excited to share a look at my Golden Tote #3 – December 2014 with you! If you’re not familiar, the is a company that puts out a special “tote” full of clothing on the 1st Monday of each month!
It isn’t really a subscription as there is nothing automated and you need to manually go in at NOON EST on the 1st Monday of the month to order your tote! Then stylists personally curate a collection of clothing to suite your style and body type!
If you love getting surprises and wearing the latest in fashion then this tote is for you!
Please check out Golden Tote by clicking here – https://www.goldentote.com/points/invitation/new/from/NDg5MTk,/
Mentioned my Jewelry from: Wantable! – https://www.wantable.com/invites/Z_c4o8GOv2g
HOW IT WORKS – here is a graphic from their website that explains how it works, but I will give you some tips on ordering below this section!
Style Profiles – the first thing you want to do BEFORE the Monday tote launches is set up an account and fill out your style profile! During the questionnaire it will ask you which of the following style seems most like you.
Style #1 – This is the style I chose!!
Style #2 (I like this style too!! But we could only chose one)
Sizing Tips – Their sizing goes from XS – L. XS is a size 0 – 2 and Large is a size 12 – 14. Of course sizes from every clothing manufacturer run differently so if you fit in the Large category not all of their larges will fit you. Once you join make sure to join their Facebook trading group to get advice on sizing from different manufacturers.
Pants + Skirts – If you are overweight like I am, I would advise you NOT to order any bottoms from GT. The maximum waist size is 31. So when you are purchasing a tote I write in the notes: NO Pants, NO Skirts, NO Dresses.
They currently DO NOT ask your weight, height, or any body measurements. This makes it harder to receive items that will fit you correctly. I really hope in the future they change this because it is one thing if you receive an item that isn’t your style but if it doesn’t fit you can’t even try to wear it.
In the notes section when you check out make sure to tell the stylist about your body type and problem areas.
Comment Box Tips – When putting comments in the box at check out be brief, specific and clear. In the Facebook trading group they will post some of the possible surprises a few days before tote Monday and you can request them in your notes (not that you are guaranteed to get them). Don’t use any special characters or bullets.
SURPRISES – Would love the Grey Jeweled Sweater
SURPRISES – Would love the Fantastic Fawn Sweater
NO Aztec /Geometric Prints
NO Super Short/Boxy Tops
NO Long Tunics – Hip length max
LOVE Le Lis
LOVE Skies Are Blue
LOVE Chris & Carol
SiZING – More of an XL / Size 14
SIZING – Need things that stretch a bit if they run smaller.
SIZING – Bra – 38D
SIZING – I carry my weight in my stomach + upper arms
This would be like the MAX amount of notes I would put in! If you put too much it gets confusing for them.
The Day of Tote Launch – it will be a FRIENZY!
- Prior to Tote Day join the Facebook GT Trading group to see a Sneak Peek of “Chosen” items
- Decide prior to tote day which chosen items you are going to go after (1 for small tote, 2 for large tote)
- Sign in like a half hour before launch (NOON EST)
- Have your Credit Card out and ready!
- Make sure you have enough credit available on your credit card, lol!
- Have your style profile completed
- Add any additional “boutique” items to your cart ahead of time
- Type up your notes to the stylist ahead of time in a separate Word document so you can quickly copy and paste into the comments area when checking out
- At exactly NOON EST click on the “Shop Golden Tote” link. Keep clicking on it until the two tote choices appear.
- Pick your tote and choose your one or two items QUICKLY!!!
- Rush to check out
- Copy and paste your “Notes” from your Word document into the notes section
- Check out. If it gives you an error, just keep hitting the submit/check out button repeatedly
- Next wait for the fashion shows and trades to begin on the FB group as members receive their totes!
- Totes are an all or nothing deal. If you want to return it you have to return the whole tote.
- If you want to keep one or both of your “chosen” items you have to purchase them at the full “boutique” price
- TIP – You can order 2 totes and then return 1 tote, but mix and match the “surprise” items from each tote. So say you bought TWO of the large totes and received say 4 “surprises” in each. If you like 2 surprises from each tote but still want to return one full tote, as long as you return the same number of “surprises” you are fine. So in this example you return 4 surprises with ONE tote and those 4 surprises you return can be from either tote and you can keep the 4 you like best. NOTE – totes must be returned within 14 days of when you receive them.
Now for my REVEAL!!! Check out what was in my tote this month – a $49 tote!!
✻ Chosen Item – Potter’s Pot Need for Tween Sweatshirt in Pink – LOVE! I just love this sweatshirt! The material is very thin and soft, but thick enough to not see bra lines, etc…through. They carry a “Purple”version too and now I want BOTH! LOL
✻ Surprise – Vanilla Bay Sweater in Ivory/Oatmeal – LIKE-LOVE! I like this shirt because it is a nice oatmeal color and a great neutral to have in your wardrobe. I love this sweater because it is thin, lightweight and SO soft!! The only issue with it is that because it is so thin, it shows EVERY flaw and outline of your bra, etc… So not very forgiving at all.
I love this company and concept of getting stylish clothes each month at a good price!!
I received one surprise and it worked for me this time! I think telling them in the notes during check out which brands I tended to like helped.
It is a learning process for sure and I learned a lot this month. I would say next month should be much better now that I know the “system”. LOL
Now regarding the VALUE of the tote…do I think these 2 items are “worth up to $200” – NO! But do I think these 2 items I got were worth say $70 – YES!! So, I think the tote’s value was well worth the price of $49. However, they need to change what they say the value is of the tote as it is grossly inflated!
And, they need to improve their style profiles so that we receive MORE items we like and LESS we have to trade/sell. I think it is acceptable to receive ONE item per month that you don’t care for in a LARGE tote, but I don’t think it is acceptable to receive ANY items that don’t fit you! GT is promoting….a tote of clothes CHOSEN for you by a STYLIST to suit your style and body type, so that should be the result.
So, YES, I am hooked now!! I purchased 2 Mystery Totes and will have those is a couple of weeks to review!
I think it is a great company and has a brilliant idea that just needs a few tweaks to be EXCELLENT!
The FB trading group is excellent and I have already made some great trades/purchases there (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Goldentotetrades/ )!
FUN FUN FUN!
Check out my coordinating video for closeups of each product and to see my reactions as I open my Golden Tote! Be sure to listen for “Tami’s Secret” which will give you EXTRA entries into the giveaway!
Don’t forget….I have a giveaway to share!
I switched my giveaways to ONE big giveaway per week! So you enter the normal ways on the Rafflecopter app, THEN you can get 5 extra entries per day by watching that day’s video and knowing the “secret of the day” revealed in that video. This will allow you to enter EACH DAY for this week’s big giveaway!
One LUCKY person will win this week’s “Big Giveaway” as in the picture above!!
- Kitsy Lane – Gold Tone Cuff Bracelet
- Julep Maven – Gel Eye Liner
- Black “Little Black Dress” Hanging Jewelry Organizer
- Pocket Huggie – Bottle Size Fabric Beverage Insulator
- GlobeIn – Mouse Pad
- GlobeIn – Passport Holder
The giveaway is open to USA residents only. All entrants under the age of 18 must have parental permission to enter. You can enter by following the directions in the Rafflecopter widget posted below. The giveaway will be open for 7 days and the winner will be drawn randomly. No cash value.
I’ll announce the winner on THIS blog post and contact them directly through email. Good luck and have FUN!
Sometimes Rafflecopter experiences technical difficulties.
If you can’t enter for some reason, try again later and it will probably work.
I am so excited to wear all my clothes in my Golden Tote this month!! Stay tuned for my next Golden Tote reveal!
I’m a lifestyle blogger and each day I feature a different theme filled with my FAVORITE tips, tricks, products, videos, pictures, inspirations, and of course TRENDS! I would love your support by subscribing!
WHAT I’M WEARING:
Shirt – Le Lis (from Golden Tote)
Jewelry – Wantable
My FAVORITE Boxes & Products!
Wantable – https://www.wantable.com/invites/Z_c4o8GOv2g
Darby Smart – http://fbuy.me/bkv9J
GlobeIn – http://globein.ref-r.com/c/i/3553/722196
Rocks Box – http://curebit.com/x/FbJ98A
Julep Maven – https://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/1450612/
Escape Monthly – http://mbsy.co/escapemonthly/15619635
PetBox – http://www.getpetbox.com/#_a_64934
Erin Condren Life Planners – https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/tamihoffman0101
Diamond Candles – http://my.cndl.es/x/xrudjE
LET’S BE FRIENDS!
FTC disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored video. All opinions are 100% my own and I would never recommend a product I didn’t 100% love. Products may be given to me as press samples, and although they do not influence my opinion, I will always let you know what was free and what I purchased with my own money, by designating press samples with an asterisk (*).
Thanks for watching friends!